Sunday, March 3, 2013

Well I have been threatening to start my very own Dblog, since I learned that there was such a thing and my niece Hannah gave me a great name for it and after making my brag at the Beta Cell Bash last night that I was finally going to start it, I figured what better day than right after that great event!

First of all what about that name?




As they say a picture is worth a thousand words.  I was in a bicycle accident in August and when I got to the Trauma unit, they labeled my OmniPod Insulin pump and it looked like Insulin Pimp!  almost as good a name for a Dblog as "Hookers and Blow"...... maybe better :)
 
So I have a lot of experience with Insulin starting in the Dark Ages of Insulin (March 1974) with straight up Lente and NPH eventually supplementing my treatment with Regular and eventually graduating to Lantes and Humalog, finally ending up on a pump and straight Humalog or Novalog, depending on what I can get my hands on.
 
This blog will simply be about my day to day existence as a T1 Diabetic, with my twisted viewpoint and logic added on for entertainment value.
 
Starting with a little bit about myself.
 
What you need to know
  • I'm a self professed adrenaline junkie
  • I love being creative in all aspects of my life
  • Oh yeah, diagnosed with T1 diabetes March 1974 (I said that before, but this also is my anniversary month)
  • I love to help others achieve their goals in life and believe that the best way to get what you want is to help others get what they want.
  • Co-founder of the Beta Cell Bash in March 2004
  • USA Cycling plus USA Triathlon Certified Coach since 2011
  • Ultra endurance athlete
  • Retired Professional Musician
Other information available on request, or you can just show up for a bicycle ride and learn all that you want to know.  Find out more about that by visiting www.indianacurechasers.org

The 2nd year of the relaunch for the Beta Cell Bash last night was a total smashing success, with our take doubling over last year!  The bands and visual artists were fantastic and we are extremely blessed by the quality of talent who have leapt to aid us in our cause and made our event a total smash hit!

I am going to have to put a disclaimer in this thing somewhere so in case I can't find a place to leave it permenantly here goes.

The views expressed here are strictly for entertainment purposes and should not be confused as medical advice.  I am not a doctor and have never played one on TV.  This blog is simply a cronicle of my viewpoint and experience and if it somehow helps to change your life in a positive way, I can not be held responsable.

Best wishes and do not be afraid to make the journey!

Michael




No comments:

Post a Comment